Yes, and it is recommended that if this is your case you bring all the documentation that contains evidence and prepared witnesses; However, it will always be advisable to have the assistance of a lawyer due to the issues discussed in said process, such as the ownership of assets that were acquired in the marriage union and the custody and support of children.