Under Georgia law, child support is a right of children that neither parent can waive. The mother should not refuse to receive it nor should the father refuse to pay it. However, that is not the case for many families.

If your ex-partner is not giving you child support money, you have the right to take him to court so that a judge can assign you the monthly amount and also authorize that monthly amount to be deducted from your salary.

Generally, you can also ask the judge to recognize child support retroactively; That is, it recognizes the child support money for the months in arrears that the father or mother of your children owes you from the moment you and your ex-partner separated. Remember that having the right legal advice can make the difference in your case.

If the father or mother of your children is not paying you the support money that corresponds to you by law, Attorney Angélica Tovar can help you. Call now at 470.207.5333. tovarhastingslaw.com



DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this article is intended to provide general information and in no event does it represent a guarantee of approval of your legal case nor does it create an attorney-client relationship between the reader and Attorney Angélica Tovar-Hastings